Pages

25 Oct 2011

Books

I love to read and I read every day before falling asleep. 
I love movies too, but there's just something about reading a book and getting caught up in this wonderful world of words that is absolutely amazing. I've read thousands of books, some good, some bad and some excellent! Here are some of my favourites..



Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. Most of you may know the movie, which is great, but you should definantly read the book. It is so beautiful and moving.
 
 The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. One of my alltime favourites! Paulo Coelho is one of the most amazing writers and a wonderful soulful man. This book is simplistic and spiritual at the same time,

 Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. A quirky and moving story about the boy Oscar who lost his father on september 11th. It is like no other book out there. Funny, weird, beautiful and strong.

 The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Almost everybody know this one. But how many have read the book and not just watched the movie? A very powerful book about an Afghanistan not many of us knew about.

 The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice. Original vampire litterature. Kicks the Cullens' asses anyday!

 Nordkraft by Jakob Ejersbo. I've read this book so many times it should be criminal. It is about 3 young people living in Aalborg and their lives on the edge. I don't know if it has been translated to English or any other languages, but check it out. Maybe it's called Angels in Fast Motion (The English version of the movie is, anyways..)

Eksil, Revolution and Liberty also by the Danish writer Jakob Ejersbo. This trilogy is about Tanzania. They are so strong and sometimes nearly to hard to read, but at the same time impossible not to read. I was done with them so fast because I kept saying just one more chapter..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is highly appreciated - it makes this whole thing even more fun!