Pages

17 Sep 2011

Thoughts

Hi guys!
It's saturday and the weather stinks! It's grey, cold and rainy. A perfect day for some reflection.
I would like to take the opportunity to write a little about whats on my mind.

The election brought some really nasty stuff up in so many people, it scared me. People that are normally friends turned on each other and became mean, vengeful and intolerant. It became "us" and "them" and it was so hard not to get caught up in it. I know that politics is a dirty business and a lot of hard decisions have to be made and they will always part the waters, but I think we are forgetting one very important thing: understanding! 

We have financial problems, environmental problems, social problems and so on, but that shouldn't result in the death of rational thoughts. We have to listen to each other instead of throwing rocks. I now this might sound very naive to some people, but the world will, and already has, become a dark place when nobody is willing to look at things from different perspectives. We are so caught up in what's going on in our own lives. "What's good for me? What do I need? How will that affect my life?" I get it, I really do. You can't take care of anyone else, if you're not able to take care of youself, but the line between needing and wanting has been washed out. So many people have so much and only want more, while some people have nothing and only want something. We have to look out for eachother, and if that's not possible at least we have to try to understand eachother.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment is highly appreciated - it makes this whole thing even more fun!